In its 4th iteration, the Great Comms Debate, hosted by Smarp, brought three internal comms professionals together to discuss the hot topics and key issues in the world of employee engagement.
scarlettabbott co-founder and director Rachel Thornton joined Rachel Miller, All Things IC and Steve Crescenzo, Crescenzo Communications for the debate.
The panel tackled six statements, voting on whether they agreed or disagreed. These included:
- ‘Every employee is a member of the IC/comms team now‘
- ‘If you have broad comms skills you can‘t specialise in IC‘
- ‘It‘s not change people fear, it‘s uncertainty and that‘s why so many change initiatives fail‘
- ‘Most comms professionals don‘t know the difference between internal communication and internal communications‘
- ‘When it comes to earning respect in their organisation, communicators are their own worst enemy‘
- ‘It‘s more dangerous to over communicate than under communicate‘
Watch the full session back