Brace yourself. I’m going to say something really obvious: It’s been a funny old year for internal comms.
We’ve been spinning more and more plates and it’s increasingly difficult to maintain that big picture view and to grow, critique and understand how hybrid and digital working will affect us and our businesses.
I want to spark a few critical thinking ideas and share some important questions to be asking yourself and your business as we move into our new ways of working.
Questions you’d have already asked yourself if you’d had the time:
- If you introduced new digital communication and collaboration platforms during covid, are they the right fit for hybrid working? Or do they focus too much on your colleagues being at home or remote?
- Have you defined what hybrid working looks like in your organisation? If so, have you communicated that to your employees?
- Do your incumbent platforms support the actions and activities that you’ve defined in your hybrid working strategy?
- Did the move to remote and hybrid working expose any digital capability gaps within your team or the wider organisation that need addressing?
- What are you doing to make sure your people are upskilled so they they’re ready for a new world of work?
- What have you done to identify the online communities of value that sprung up during covid? What are you doing to make sure they are nurtured and continue to contribute to the culture of your business?
- Are your leaders following your new hybrid ways of working? If so, what could they do to demonstrate best practice and lead by example to drive the behavioural changes you want to see?