We’re looking for an Internal Communications Writer and Editor to join our enthusiastic, fast-growing team in York.
About us: We’re scarlettabbott, the award-winning internal communication specialists based in York and London, growing at pace in the UK and globally following recent exciting account wins.
Role profile: This is a confident individual with strong, varied editorial experience and knowledge of the IC industry.
As an absolute must, you will be passionate about great journalism and content creation for both digital and print platforms. You’ll also understand the basic principles of communicating with internal audiences and a wide variety of workforces, along with the specific challenges and opportunities this presents.
You’ve previously held mid-level writing and editorial roles for 2 or more years, with a passion for innovative design, and top-notch project management experience. These are both much-needed skills for your career in the Content and Channels team at scarlettabbott. You’ll also understand the commerciality of producing internal content across a variety of channels to the highest quality, on time and on budget.
Finally, you’ll be able to work closely with clients and forge excellent working relationships to grow accounts and maintain already thriving account relationships – for which you’ll hold responsibility.
You get a buzz from the busy and at times pressurised environment of agency life and are confident and capable in your work.
- Editing, writing and subbing for print and digital employee publications
- Transforming strategic company narratives into compelling, accessible content for a variety of audiences across a range of industry sectors
- Account management – leading creative, editorial and client meetings
- Project management, page planning, scheduling
- Budget management
- Photography briefings and creative input into photographic composition and art direction
- Briefing designers and illustrators
- Research and interviewing – both face-to-face and via telephone.
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in journalism, of creating content for internal channels in-house, or agency side in a similar content creation role
- Great client management skills
- A proven track record of client relationship management
- Creative in devising new content concepts, editorial features and print/digital publications styles
- Delivery focused – on-time, on budget and to the highest quality
- Confident and tenacious
- Strong presentation skills
- Keeps up-to-date with content trends across both print and digital media, including internal and external social platforms
- An ambition to grow within the agency and become a subject matter expert within both the Content and Channels team and the wider agency.
- Editing, subbing and proofing
- Design briefs and photo briefs
- Strong client management
- Tried and tested project management
- Budget, schedule and time management
- Knowledge of print and digital production processes.
The type of person who will flourish in this role:
- Confident and expert
- Client-centric and naturally goes above and beyond to deliver an amazing client experience
- Ambitious and motivated by hard work and achievement – their own and of others
- Passionate about being exceptional, disinterested in average
- Obsessed with quality, innovation, best practice and current communication trends
- Positive, hard-working and resilient
- High levels of personal accountability
- Fun, lively, likeable, enjoys a laugh – especially when the pressure is on!
For whom: Some of our clients include Rolls-Royce, Wm Morrisons, Dixons Carphone, Severfield, eBay, Naspers, Baker McKenzie, Asda, UK Power Networks, Aviva, Northern, Pinsent Masons, Co-op and Anglian Water.
About the mothership: We have a chapel office in Fulford, York, where the role is based. It’s a fun, lively and hugely supportive team, all passionate about maintaining our high standards and excellent reputation. We also have three office dogs – so hopefully you don’t have fur allergies.
How to apply
Email Laura Good – [email protected] with covering letter and CV before Friday 28th September.