Editorial ace wanted!
We’re looking for a Senior IC Writer and Editor to join our enthusiastic, fast-growing team in York. If you’re an experienced writer and project manager, we’d love to hear from you.
Role: Senior Internal Communications Writer and Editor – York
Full Time Salary: £ excellent plus excellent benefits
Job type: Full time, permanent
Who: We’re scarlettabbott, the award winning internal communication specialists based in York, and more recently London, growing at pace in the UK and Europe following recent exciting account wins.
Role profile: This is a confident individual with extensive editorial experience and IC consultancy skills.
You will be passionate about great journalism and content creation for both digital and print platforms, but understand the specific challenges and opportunities of communicating with internal audiences and a wide variety of workforces.
You will be an expert writer, editor, design-geek and project manager, you’ll understand the commerciality of producing internal publications to quality, time and budget.
You’ll also be able to work closely with clients and forge excellent working relationships to grow profitable accounts from new wins, and maintain already thriving account relationships – for which you’ll hold responsibility for.
You get a buzz from the busy and at times pressurised environment of agency-life and be confident and capable in your work.
- Editing, writing, subbing for employee magazines and newspapers
- Distilling complex company strategic narrative into compelling, accessible content for a variety of audiences across a range of industry sectors
- Account management – leading creative editorial and client meetings
- Sourcing and managing freelancers and suppliers as required
- Project management, page planning, scheduling
- Budget management
- Photo briefs and art direction on location if required
- Briefing designers and illustrators
- Research and interviewing both face to face and via telephone
- Supporting IC team as required on related IC projects
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in journalism, in-house on employee news magazines or in agency in similar Editor role
- Strong client management skills
- An excellent track record of account growth and relationship management
- Highly creative in devising new magazine concepts, columns, features and styles
- Delivery focused – on time, to high quality and budget
- Confident and tenacious
- Strong presentation skills
- Sees and maximises new business opportunities and opportunities to cross sell
- Keeps up to date with digital, e-publishing and content development inc. social media
- An ambition to grow within the agency and become a thought leader and subject matter expert within both the Content and Channels team and the wider agency.
- Editing, subbing and proofing
- Design briefs and photo briefs
- Exceptional client management
- Internal communication best practice
- Tried and tested project management
- Budget, schedule and time management
- Team management
- Writing proposal and pitching for new clients
- Knowledge of print and digital production processes
The type of person who will flourish in this role:
- Confident and expert
- Client centric and naturally goes above and beyond to deliver an amazing client experience
- Ambitious and motivated by hard work and achievement, their own and others
- Passionate about being exceptional, disinterested in average
- Obsessed with quality, innovation and thought leadership
- Resilient and positive
- High levels of personal accountability
- Fun, lively, likeable, enjoys a laugh (especially when the pressure is on)
For whom: Some of our clients include Rolls Royce, Wm Morrisons, Dixons Carphone, Severfield, eBay, Naspers, Baker McKenzie, Asda, UK Power Networks, Aviva, Northern, Pinsent Masons, Co-op and Anglian Water.
About the mothership…
We have an award winning converted chapel office HQ in Fulford, York where the role is based. It’s home to a team of amazing people who help make in-house IC teams look fantastic – we also have two top bods based in our London office, and one digi-expert based in Berlin. It’s a fun, lively and hugely supportive team, all passionate about maintaining our high standards and excellent reputation. We also have three office dogs – so hopefully you don’t have fur allergies.
- A secure and evolving role in an exciting and fast-growing company
- Yearly remuneration reviews and discretionary bonus scheme
- Package including Private Healthcare, Pension Scheme and Death in Service benefits
- Great company culture – an exceptional team spirit in a small, young and enthusiastic group
- A high level of autonomy, balanced with ample support
- Opportunities to get involved in all levels of the company if interest is there
- Opportunities for career development and growth within a successful leading agency.