Editorial ace wanted!
We're looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our enthusiastic, fast-growing team in York as cover for maternity leave. If you're an editorial ace in the making we'd love to hear from you.
Role: Editorial Assistant – Internal Communications – York
Full Time Salary: £ competitive plus benefits
Job type: Full time – maternity leave cover
Who: We’re scarlettabbott, the award winning internal communication specialists based in York, and more recently London, growing at pace in the UK and Europe following recent exciting account wins.
Role profile: This is a confident individual with 1 year of editorial experience, or with 1 year of placement experience/strong project portfolio work showing editorial passion. Ideally, this experience will be in internal communication or newswriting for employees, or otherwise in journalism or PR/marketing.
You will be passionate about great writing and content creation for both digital and print platforms, but understand communicating with internal audiences and employees has special considerations.
You are a gifted writer, with strong project management skills, you love a spreadsheet, tick list and a schedule to work to. You are accurate, love detail, learn fast and tackle new things with gusto, enthusiasm and confidence. You’re also willing to try your hand at anything to earn the new skills that agency life can present, and ‘get stuck in’ to help out your colleagues when needed.
You get a buzz from the busy and at times pressurised environment of agency-life, and will thrive having lots of talented folk to learn from and aspire to.
- Helping to deliver quality employee print and digital magazines and newspapers for clients
- Managing schedules, page plans, interviewees and contributors to publications; in fact all aspects of the writing and production process in a support role to the Content and Channels team
- Sourcing and managing freelancers and suppliers as required
- Writing photo briefs for suppliers and sourcing magazine photography
- Supporting the Content and Channels team with project management and writing support when required
- Research and interviewing both face to face and via telephone
- Proof reading to a semi-professional standard.
Skills and experience:
- 1 year’s experience in journalism, in-house on employee news magazines or sites, in-house in an IC team or in an IC/PR/Marketing agency OR 1 year of placement experience/a strong project portfolio
- A portfolio of written work for external or internal publications
- Delivery focused – on time, to high quality and budget
- Good telephone, general communication and presentation skills
- Highly developed organisational and prioritisation skills
The type of person who will flourish in this role:
- Confident, outgoing, resilient and positive
- Naturally goes above and beyond to deliver an amazing client experience
- Ambitious and motivated by hard work and achievement
- Passionate about learning and developing; Learns quickly, seeks feedback and enjoys new challenges
- High levels of personal accountability
- Fun, lively, likeable, enjoys a laugh (especially when the pressure is on)
For whom: Some of our clients include Wm Morrisons, Dixons Carphone, Aviva, eBay, Baker McKenzie, Asda, Northern Powergrid, ARM, Tommy Hilfiger, Pinsent Mason, SGN, Co-op, Anglian Water and Jet2.com
About the mothership…
We have an award winning converted chapel office HQ in Fulford, York where the role is based. It’s home to 29 of our 31 amazing people who help make in-house IC teams look fantastic – our two remaining top bods are based in our London office, although we regularly office swap and space share between the two. It’s a fun, lively and hugely supportive team, all passionate about maintaining our high standards and excellent reputation. We also have office dogs – so hopefully you don’t have fur allergies.
- An evolving role in an exciting and fast-growing company
- Competitive package including Private Healthcare, Pension Scheme and Death in Service benefits
- Lots of opportunity to learn and grow with ample support from the best in the industry.